Date09.06.2021 — 14.07.2021
Time17:30 — 20:30
About this Workshop
Dates: 6 weekly sessions held every Wednesday, 5:30pm - 8:30pm, from 9 June - 14 July.
Venue: Online course
Skill Level: For beginners or intermediates
Join our 6-week online course and bring your ideas to life! In this interactive training, you will learn how to digitally design complex forms and realistic designs in 2D and 3D using the free open-source software, Autodesk Fusion 360.
During this online course you will explore the various functions of Autodesk Fusion 360 through a tutor-led project, and have the opportunity to develop your own personal project.
The skills gained from this training can be applied to almost any project or industry. From designing jewellery, artworks and products to using CAD in architecture and tech - digital design is adaptable to so many careers and pathways.
Through our 'Design Almost Anything' training, you will:
- Learn how to design objects, products and artworks in 2D and 3D using Autodesk Fusion 360
- Learn how to use the various functions of Autodesk Fusion 360, such as Extrude, Revolve, Loft and Sweep but also Sculpt and rendering to make your design look realistic and professional
- Learn how to prepare your designs for digital fabrication machines such as 3D printers, laser cutter and CNC milling machines, and understand the many possibilities of 3D and 2D digital fabrication
- Have to opportunity to design small objects that our team will send to our machines for fabrication
- Learn how to find open source (accessible to everyone) designs online
This course will be held online over 6 weekly sessions (2.5 hour session, plus a break). By registering for this course you agree to attend all 6 sessions. Dates and times of each session are as follows:
- 9 June, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- 16 June, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- 23 June, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- 30 June, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- 7 July, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- 14 July, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
This event will be hosted through Google Meet (no sign-up required).
- Download Autodesk Fusion 360, a free open source design software, prior to attending this session. The system requirements to use Autodesk Fusion 360 are detailed here (the minimum memory is 4GB of Ram).
- Use a computer mouse as designing using a trackpad makes the learning experience too difficult.
- We would recommend using two display screens if possible.
Further details provided upon booking.
Who is this workshop for?
This free 6-week training is open to everyone, 16 years or over. It is suitable for beginner and intermediate levels - perfect for those wanting to gain new skills, or develop existing skills in 2D and 3D digital design. No previous experience of computer aided design (CAD) is required.
This event is part of the iMayflower project and has been supported by The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, who fund the Cultural Development Fund, which is administered by Arts Council England.